? ??????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blo
gger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Doing the shuffle.



I'm a crossfitter...I live crossfit...my diet may not always be on,but I could spend hours chatting about crossfit and everything that goes with it...the lifts,pain and girl WOD's....I guess that you could say that I AM CROSSFIT.

When I first discovered the lifestyle of crossfit I was blown away with the "cult" mindset of the followers....people would throw themselves at pain...they would jump until blood ran from their eyes and after a very quick break,would jump some more....they would allow themselves to become so uncomfortable with the suffering associated with the workout that this feeling would become addictive...like the addictive pain that a cutter feels...or people into sadomasochism...after a while,the torture just feels right and you find yourself looking for it....for example,I used to annoy Jen at the grocery store by doing single arm snatches with water jugs...I got some real funny looks from some real funny looking people.....

..it's just what I do.....but I needed my fix.

So now with my new found passion I found myself always searching for the newest workout..one that would surely kick me in the balls and then not even have the common decency to help me up after the pain passed...but once I stood back upit would kick me again.....now this was the kind of workout that I was looking for!


I threw myself into anything that involved crossfit...I would never shut up about it...I talked about it all of the time...I would often watch the glaze form over Jen's eyes as I tried to pull her into my world of desired agony...she could only look and act interested for so long....so,I would give her a minute or two to regain her interest and I would once again take her as prey.

Over the time between now and then I have aquired quite the home crossfit gym...I have a rower,over 300 lbs in rubber weights ( so I can drop them),various weights in kettlebells,squat stands,a standard bench and pull up bars in the backyard...I have everything to attain my pleasure with pain....my needle with syringe...my fix.

So,there-in-lies the problem...I have all of this equipment and more than ample desire to work myself into the ground...I want to hurt myself,,,but I want to do it effectively..

..does that make sense?..hurting myself effectively?...

well,yes actually,it does make sense....I don't want to be like a 16-year old boy having sex for the first time..I don't want to go too hard and fast right from the get go just to drop my load and burn out..( ummm,literally?)...I want to last...take my time and build up...gain strength..get more skillfull...have more speed for when I need it.....and then when the time counts,I will be able to pick up and power through to the big finish!!.......now,that's what I'm talking about!


So,how do I do this without getting overwhelmed by the responsibility of really confusing the muscles yet working them in a functional manner?...no bicep curls or tricep extensions.......I mean big,heavy compound movements or skill work...and how about speed?...you never know when you will have to outrun a pack of wild dogs or an alligator....or even an angry wife.

With the help of various crossfit "type" websites,you can find an assortment of painful plans to rock your body...but what about the strength/skill/speed elements? I still need to get strong before I get fit,right?

Well,I decided to do probably the most simple thing in the world and just write various skill/speed/strength things that I know that I need to do to help me acheive my goal of becoming the abercrombie and fitch model that I've always wanted to be...

I wrote 12-different exercises...some consisting of power lifts..others in the olympic range or practice.....and some just as simple as sprinting.


I now dedicate the first part  of any workout to taking the time, practicing patience and attempting to learn these movements....and have noticed immeasureable results in gain of strenth,stamina and the ability to push myself just that bit further......especially when it matters most....

..if you catch my drift.

0 comments: