? ??????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blo
gger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, November 1, 2009

the bubbling gut cauldron

Today is the day after Halloween...

..I can remeber everything from last night...

...my head does not feel like it needs to cave in nor do I have the overwhelming desire to vomit on a minute-by-minute basis...


..what the fuck happened?


Well,I ran my first 5k today..well,my first organized 5k....the race for the cure....I came in right after 25-minutes...not too bad given that last night for our halloween fun we would go see paranormal activity....I will do my official review on that movie in a day or so....I still need time to take in the cheese factor of that movie and actually weigh it against some of the actual creepy parts.



I was up by 5 a.m.. I got up and did the mandatory bowel exercises...it's especially important to do your bowel exercises before a run so I made sure that I "exercised" twice....I then cleaned up a bit and proceded to down some coconut water and almond butter.....split,slpat we were out the door and on our way.

After finally working our way into the labyrinth of traffic and finding a space to park we jetted over to the starting line...or atleast I did...I left Jen about a hal mile back as I needed to get to the starting line.....after some inspiring words form the "lone governor",we lined up and were off at the horn...

I quickly found my pace as after the swell of the faster runners pass you it's pretty much cruise control from that point on...especially when you have a 65-year old woman on your ass...how could you let yourself fall behind like that???.....I would just have to walk off the course with my head down in shame if that happened...so I kept my happy ass moving.


First mile was clocked at 7:37...great pace....if I could keep this pace going like this then I will have no problem and this run would be done quickly.

"Now,where in the hell is mile marker 2?" I kept asking myself.....it's as I psyched myself out as soon as I passed the first mile marker...so I had to bring down the pace a bit...I had to relax and settle in....go the distance.

Mile number two came in at eight and change...I was slowing down just a bit but still trying to keep at it...this was now the last mile...it was time to kick it back up and get in there.

Around mile 2.5 I could feel the tingle in my belly...the feeling of a bubbling gut cauldron....."Goddamnit!" I thought to myself....the fucking black coffee was trying to be heard and it wanted to come up and say hi....I had to push it back down and really pay attention....pay attention to the freaking climb that was awaiting us before the final sprint....

...I put my head down and dug in..I just climbed..climbed and climbed..this was by no means a huge hill or anything remotely close to it...but after the miles before this and the great food from the night before,I was starting to feel the run and just wanted to stop...just wanted to be done with this early ass run...why wasn't I still in bed??..It's freakin' sunday morning and I don't need to be running with the risk of either puking coffee or shiiting 20-beer chili down my legs.....this sucks ass...


So I sucked it up and just looked ahead..I set markers...when I would reach one marker I would set my sights on the next..time seemed to pass quickly.....and finally the final stretch.

I came around the corner and saw the finish line...I warmed up my jets.



As I began to step up my speed I took a glance around...all sorts of people were cheering us on...it was like being cheered onto the field in a highschool football game...all of your friends and classmates welcoming you..thanking you for being the winner that you are...even if you are running a 15-minute mile..


...but that wasn't the case for me...I could see the clock..I was coming in right at 25 minutes...I was happy with it but not the best that I could've done....but I did prove to myself that I could push through bad food,moderate beer consumption and an "after dinner mint".....add in a little of the old lack of sleep and bubbling gut cauldron...I think I did alright.


I do want to express my respect to all that have or have had any experience with breast cancer...each one of you is strong beyond belief and my prayers are always with you.

0 comments: